Saturday, April 18, 2020

Update + What To Do During Quarantine

Hello folks!

I hope all is well for you during these uncertain times.

As you (may) already know, the RRFM is CLOSED until further notice.  It is of course sad - but necessary as physical distancing is the safest thing we can do for ourselves and for each other. We miss you all dearly and look forward to seeing your bright and smiling faces when it is safe for us to re-open the RRFM market!

I have been in quarantine for a little over a month now. It started off pretty fun, I got to spend my time catching up on everything I couldn't do before. Finally watching that netflix show thats been on 'My List' for months, chatting with friends (over the phone) I hadn't seen in a while, and finishing up my school work. But . . . by the third week I hit a wall! I was SO! BORED! I had more spare time on my hand than I was used to, which definitely seems to be the general consensus amongst a lot of us. With all of this spare time, I didn't really know what to do. And then I got to thinking about all the cool items I picked up at the market over the past year and got busy. So here are my top three activities (right now) when that self-isolation boredom hits you hard:

#1: That Stack of Books 

You know, that stack. The stack that you keep telling yourself you'll get too when you just have a little bit more free time. Well, nows that time! I know I have picked up SO many book from the market over the past few months that I told myself I would get too one day. Today is that day!

I know they say not to judge a book by its cover, but my recommendation to you is to pick which one to start with based on the cover. You likely picked it up because the description piqued your interest - so no need to read it again! Just choose at whim and get to reading.




#2: Try to craft! 

Learning a new form of art can be really intimidating, whether its painting, sewing, drawing, knitting, collaging, etc. All can be really hard to start, but once you do you'll find your groove!

I've been learning how to cross stitch over the past few months which has been hard but rewarding. There are tons of free templates online so I just try to find one that matches the colors I currently have and get to sewing. My current supplies did not come from the market, but I've definitely seen cross stitch rings and tons of thread there before - so if you were the lucky one that picked up any crafting items, now is a great time to pick it up!

#3: New Kitchen Tool Fun!

Have you found a new kitchen gadget at the market recently that you've wanted to test out? What about a new plate, bowl or pan? Nows a great time for it! I know I've been watching a lot of Hell's Kitchen recently, and have been inspired to try to plate my food a little nicer. It's such a fun way to show off those beautiful plates or bowls you've picked out form the market! Pans are also a veeeeery versatile item - I've made everything from pitas to falafel to stovetop pizza on one. Don't be shy to get creative with whatever kitchen item you've picked up and really think out of the box.

How have you been staying busy? Let me know in the comments below. :)
-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I knew that this was my chance to find out whether I *truly* wanted to do those things that I always said I would do "if only I had the time". So I did finish some back-burner projects. Others got ignored.... :(

    ReplyDelete